My Wonderful Husband surprised me and is taking me to see the movie “Insurgent”. I have been anticipating this sequel to Divergent since I read the book series by Veronica Roth and seen the first movie! So needless to say I was ecstatic when my hubby said he was taking me out!
Since Quinton was taking care of the entertainment, I started on the food:)
I went Pintresting to find Divergent themed food. I found an awesome blog, that has great Divergent themed party ideas! So I catered them to fit my date night.
This is our Menu:
- Drink: Amity Apple Cider ( I just mixed Apple Cider with Rum and Lemon Lime Soda;more spiked cider ideas here.)
- Food: Dauntless Hamburger, topped with Erudite Bleu Cheese and Abnegation Fried Egg. Served on an Abnegation Flat Bread Bun.
- Dessert: Candor Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
We will start the night off with dinner and then watch the DVD of the first in the series, Divergent and then go to the theater to see the premier of Insurgent!!
So, to wrap up: All you need to plan a themed Date Night, is an idea, entertainment and a menu.
It doesn’t take much to make a normal Thursday night into a fun time for 2:)
Cost: The Movie tickets were $25 for both. I already had rum, hamburger, eggs, and lemon lime soda at home, so for the rest of the groceries it cost $13. Total Cost for an awesome themed Date Night: $38!!!
I cant wait for our date night tomorrow!!
I love throwing parties!! Like Seriously LOVE! A couple weeks ago I threw my older sister’s baby shower and just this last week I had a Sugar Bowl Party. Its so much fun planning the activities and decorations and getting everyone together!
Today we are just going to focus on the decorations.
For both parties I made floating Tissue Paper Pom Poms.
These are super easy to make and add a lot to the atmosphere!
This is how I do them:
8 sheets of Tissue Paper
White Thread (you can use ribbon, but thread give the floating illusion)
1. make sure your tissue paper is the same size. Depending on the size on Pom Poms you want, you may want to cut the sheets of tissue paper. If I want smaller pom poms, I usually cut them in half and then in half again. So out of 8 sheets of regular sized Tissue, you get 4 pom poms. (I like this size best) If you want big ones just keep them the normal size.
2. line up your 8 sheets (cut or not) the Tissue will be rectangular. You want to be looking at the tissue like this:Now start at the bottom and make accordion folds all the way to the top.
3. Cut a long piece of tread and tie it around the center of the folded Tissue.
4. When your ready to hang them, carefully separate each layer of tissue. Make sure the thread stays in place.
5. Hang from the ceiling with a small piece of tape.
I used Pink and Orange Tissue for My sister’s Shower and Red for the Sugar Bowl Party (We’re Ohio Sate fans!)
These Pom Poms were super easy to make and really cheap! I spent .88 on a pack of 20 sheets of tissue on sale at Target and I already had thread. I used about 4 packs for my sisters shower (the venue was kinda big) and I only used 8 sheets of tissue for the Sugar Bowl Party.
I will post more on decorations later this week!
photos found via google